dayskipper theory course - rya
DURATION: 5 days over 3 weekends
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: None required, though background knowledge, Essential navigation and seamanship skills course would help
ABILITY AT COURSE END:
PLACES PER COURSE: 12
MINIMUM AGE: 16
COURSE DESCRIPTION: The RYA Day Skipper theory course is a comprehensive introduction to cruising for inexperienced skippers.
This course equips you with enough knowledge to navigate around familiar waters by day. A basic knowledge of lights is also included to introduce you to night cruising.
Course topics include:
· The basics of seamanship
· The essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
· eEectronic charts
· Position fixing
· Plotting a course to steer
· Weather forecasting and meteorology
· Collision regulations
· Construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
· Emergency and safety procedures including distress call, use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and life rafts
FULL PRICE: £395.00*
deposit to pay today: £50.00
*Balance due prior to course start date
Price includes publications and certificate.
If the date you are looking for is not available below CONTACT US