Terms and conditions
1. How to book. To book your activity first telephone SeaSports to check out current cost and availability. At this point a provisional booking can be made and will be held for 7 days without obligation.
When you wish to confirm please complete and return our booking form along with your deposit or full payment. Booking forms can be returned either by email to email@example.com or by post to SeaSports Southwest, New Quay Street, Teignmouth TQ14 8DA. Upon receipt of your deposit you will be sent confirmation, course details, directions and a receipt of payments received.
Anyone under the age of 18 must have parental consent to book and take part in the activity.
Payments for gift vouchers must be made in full at the time of purchase. Additional terms apply.
Please keep a record of the booking form and terms and condition for your references.
2. Payments. Party organisers are responsible for all payments regarding your booking including deposits and final payments. Provisional bookings do not hold firm until deposits have been received. Deposits are non-refundable in the case of cancellation except at the discretion of the centre management.
Deposits required: Payments can be made either:
Private tuition £50 Online using PayPal
2 day courses £50 Telephone on 01626 772555 either by cash or card
5 day & powerboat courses £100 BACs payment via the details on found on your invoice (if applicable)
For course, small groups and private tuition the balance is due on the start of the course/session. For bookings of 6 or more and ocean rowing the balance is due 2 weeks prior to the start date.
3. Cancellations. In the event of cancellation on your/members of the party or the whole booking the following charges will apply:
More than 4 weeks prior to course loss of deposit only
Between 2 and 4 weeks 50% of course fee
Between 2 and 1 week 75% of course fee
Less than 1 week full payment
In the case of nonattendance then a refund will not be available.
In the unlikely event that SeaSports have to cancel the course due to unsafe adverse conditions or fore majeure then an alternative date will be offered. If this cannot be arranged, then SeaSports will issue a refund.
4. Health, fitness and safety. A certain level of fitness is required to take part in our activities. You should ensure that you have and adequate level of fitness to take part in the activity you have chosen.
All participants should be water confident if they are not able to swim.
All participants must sure they can recover themselves back into the craft used on the activity booked.
All participants must complete and accept the medical disclaimer on the booking form to partake in activities.
All participants must wear appropriate personal floatation when on the water – there are no exceptions.
All participants under the age of 18 must have parental consent.
All participants must comply with safety regulations and instructions given by SeaSports staff. Should an instructor find that any participants are being disruptive or jeopardising the safety and enjoyment of others and themselves, then that person will be asked to leave the course.
Please contact the centre if you have any questions about suitability for a particular activity. SeaSports may, on the grounds of health and safety, suggest an alternative activity.
5. Complaints. If at any time during your activity you are not satisfied, then please speak to your instructor as soon as you can so a resolution can be sought. If you’d prefer to speak to a member of the senior team then please do so as soon as you can either in email to firstname.lastname@example.org, on the phone to 01626 772555, or in person.
6. Photographs. From time to time we may take photographs of participants involved in our activities, both on and off the water. We use these photos for our marketing and social media and are also available to you if you would like them. If you do not want your photograph taken and used for these purposes, then please let us know.
7. Date protection. All data collected on booking forms, including health and ability is used by us to process your booking and attending to your health and safety whilst you are with us. If you have agreed to join our mailing list we will also send you information from time to time about upcoming events and information such as open days. You can withdraw your consent to this at any time by email email@example.com.
Names and addresses of candidates of certain RYA and BC courses will be shared with the RYA and BC for the purposes of registering your certificate. The data will not be shared with any third party for marketing or commercial purposes without first obtaining your explicit consent.
Conditions of Hire
- All hirers must wear buoyancy aids at all times on the water.
- Hirers must stay within the marked area.
- Any deliberate loss or damage to the craft or paddles must be paid for.
- No one suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be permitted to hire.
- Respect other water users.
- No refund will be given if these are broken.
- Do not take out any personal items that may be lost or broken by water. (E.g. electrical goods, jewellery)
- SeaSports Southwest Ltd accept no responsibility for the loss or damage of any personal items.
- All Participants must comply with safety regulations and instructions given by SeaSports Staff. Should a member of staff find that any participants are jeopardizing the safety of others and themselves, that person will be brought ashore and no refund will be given.
- Hire’s under 14 must be supervised by a responsible adult